Monday, January 28, 2013

A Different Way


As I was reading this a.m. in my Bible (Exodus 13-15) I noticed Ex 13:17 which reads in part, "...that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near..." As I read this, a thought came to me. Although, according to human reasoning, the best and quickest way to get out of Egypt was thru the land of the Philistines, it was not the best way for the people of God. Because of this, God led them a different way. And it was in this "different way" that God got himself honor, and displayed his power. As God leads us today, maybe down a "different way" than we think we ought to go, may we understand that "his way is pefect" (Psa. 18:30) and follow his leading. Besides, who knows what lies on this unexpected detour? It could be that God may be leading us to a Red Sea moment where, once again in our lives, he will get to himself honor, and display his power.

No comments:

Post a Comment